Trigger Warning!
This world is a fucked-up, traumatizing, and hateful place. I live in this world, and so my words, experiences, and thoughts are birthed from within it. Further, it should come to no surprise that this blog will detail many of these fucked-up things in graphic detail. Fortunately, resilience is what I do, and I try my hardest to ferment inspiration from the darkest parts of my life. It's time to confront, it's time to resist, and of course... it's time to win.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Alyssa,



You might know this but one of my biggest hero’s lives in your home state of California. She is this amazing weed that has been wreaking havoc on the industrial farmers of Cali. In a couple of weeks, her roots can dig further down than 20 feet. Even Mousanto’s worst successful herbicide “RoundUp” is a useless weapon against her persistence. She is what science calls a super-weed. She has been taking over complete fields all through Cali. She shows up on the worst destroyed and depleted soils. Soils so damaged that nothing else can grow in them without a massive cocktail of chemical fertilizers. With roots so extensive she keeps the soil from being washed or blown away. She’s slowly bringing the soil back to life, so that it can eventually support more life once again. In a few years, capitalism, industry, progress, science and greed will find a chemical harsh enough to kill her. But before she dies she will release millions of seeds. Those seeds are her children and only a few will make it. Those that survive will change at a rate faster than any human can study or stop them. They will become the newest warriors against civilization and will resist with more passion than even their mothers before them. Civilization not only tries to poison our bodies, but also our spirits, our feelings, our lovemaking. I fight back every time I make love, every time I feel, every time I breathe. And I will continue to fight even after I die. Even as I decay and break down I will continue to fight. I will die on the frontlines. I will die fighting for those barely surviving soils. Eventually, I will die to become food for those warrior weeds and eventually I will become those weeds and for centuries to come I will fight back in many forms, and eventually I will win and eventually we will all win. Since childhood, my favorite flower has been dandelions.

With all the love my raging heart can beat,
Jayson Tx

Written from the Douglas County Jail

(Transcribed by Charity)

No comments: