Trigger Warning!
This world is a fucked-up, traumatizing, and hateful place. I live in this world, and so my words, experiences, and thoughts are birthed from within it. Further, it should come to no surprise that this blog will detail many of these fucked-up things in graphic detail. Fortunately, resilience is what I do, and I try my hardest to ferment inspiration from the darkest parts of my life. It's time to confront, it's time to resist, and of course... it's time to win.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

fast track


I got locked up for some really bad shit I did...
yet, with the years passing I was beginning to adjust
life in prison with no parole is a hard pill to swallow
but I swallowed it
then, newly resigned to my fate
my celly told me to swallow it
but I refused
so he grabbed me by the throat
and slammed me up against the back of the cell

so I fought back
and I fought hard
I saw a demon that night possess a man I knew all to well
when your doing a life sentence
you can't be someones bitch
so I fought back
and I fought hard
I killed a demon that night and regret the man who went with
but now justice has to flex its weight
so it weighed in
and I was weighed out
I killed a demon in self defense and now they say I must die too

because self defense doesn't exist on this side of those gray prison walls
at least not for us condemned to life
but I was always sentenced to a death of sorts
just one that had a few more years left
yet, now I'm on the fast track
with even less time to say goodbye
with even less time to say


*note: if a prisoner is facing life for a murder charge and he kills another inmate in self defense he can receive the death penalty. even if he is defending himself against rape. burn all prisons, break all cages

1 comment:

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.