Trigger Warning!
This world is a fucked-up, traumatizing, and hateful place. I live in this world, and so my words, experiences, and thoughts are birthed from within it. Further, it should come to no surprise that this blog will detail many of these fucked-up things in graphic detail. Fortunately, resilience is what I do, and I try my hardest to ferment inspiration from the darkest parts of my life. It's time to confront, it's time to resist, and of course... it's time to win.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

borrowing an old ibm think pad... some would call it a dinosaur. I wish they all went extinct!

So of course, when I find myself serious and dedicated enough to start a blog... something happens. My computer, which is less than a year old, crashed. I was going to say died, but that would be an insult to everything that has gone extinct so that this culture could thrive, so that that my computer could be made, so that I could be typing this instead of being in a more intimate relationship with my local community and land base. Ha, I just noticed I also gave my computer an age, as if it was alive. Wow! This is why they are winning and we are not.

On a different note, most of my short stories, and my last two years of poetry was on that computer. The majority, I did not make a back up for. So as much as this could paralyze and depress me, I wont let it. Instead I'll just have to replace all that was lost with more that is better. I wish I could say that about the natural world. Well except for the better part. I'm not going to make value judgments on whats wild or best or more natural. I do however wish for more wild. But just like any good wishing well story, the moral of this is story, is wishing is never good enough.

So shall we get to work?

1 comment:

Steve said...

If my computer, with all my writing, died, I think I would cry.

Great insights re. anthropomorphizing computers, objectifying real living beings.